[TenTec] RE: Omni VI auidio, was Finally got

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Mon Apr 12 17:27:07 EDT 2004

I prefer to hear the lows myself. So I got in the habit of setting the PBT at 11:00 for LSB, 1:00 for USB. This provides a much more full low end without overdoing the treble cut. The first speaker I used on the VI was a hallicrafters DD-CS with a 15" bass reflex speaker, later alternating between an R-45 and an R-46A. Talk about sounding sweet!

The only problem was on Field Day - when someone always set the PBT and the Notch "straight up," turned the mike gain to max, and then complained about the audio and the splatter reports he got. FWIW, the very worst offenders were those with high end JA radios at home.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
You know what they call a cowboy who does not picket his horse?

Afoot!