[TenTec] OMNI VI+ audio

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt at ameritech.net
Mon Apr 12 15:34:03 EDT 2004

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:

>  Same with this--after a week or two of
> hearing all the high and low frequencies in addition to the mid-range
>  you won't want to go back to < 2.8 KHz.

Rob,
I guess I'm missing something. It would seem to me that the vast
majority of hams (90-95%) are going to be using standard SSB
transmitters that use the "filter" method of SSB generation, which,
needless to say, will be limited to around 2.8 kHz. Unless you are
listening to the 5 or 10% (?) of hams that transmit "wideband" SSB, I am
not sure what you are going to hear when you open your receiver up to 6
kHz other than a bunch of extra noise and QRM.   ???

73/Carter/K8VT