[TenTec] BPL Update

Steve Weber kd9bo at mac.com
Wed Apr 14 07:57:53 EDT 2004

Pete,

I understand your plight.  Competing against cheap labor in China is
nearly a losing battle, especially when American companies no longer
consider themselves to be American companies, but rather
multinationals.

Treason can be defined as giving defense secrets to other countries
under false pretenses, but in today's climate, dismantling the only
non-asian manufacturer capable of producing a critical, irreplacable
guidance system component for our key weapons systems is simply
considered to be good business practice, not treason.

Run a google search on the words MAGNEQUENCH and CHINA to learn about
what many consider to be the worst example yet of an American company
engaging in treason. A keyword search on MAGNEQUENCH at the
insightmag.com website will turn up three articles that may make your
skin crawl. http://www.insightmag.com/main.cfm?include=search

I applaud you for your efforts to stay American!

Thank you Pete!

73 de KD9BO Steve

ps: before anyone flames me for going off topic, please do the search
and read the links.  Then write to your Congressmen and Senators in
outrage.

>Well, said, Doc. I'm a manufacturer in a small industry who has
>watched most of my competition go "offshore" because of the utterly
>reckless actions of a relatively small number of political
>appointees. And when you want to place blame for offshoring, do the
>arithmetic. Then do the research.
>
>It takes three to five years between the boardroom decision to move
>a plant until enough product has made it onshore to start issuing
>layoff slips. Who was in office three to five years ago? What were
>the policies that made major employers look overseas? Why were those
>policies in place? And why did the then administration fail to
>address those policies?
>
>The people we elect haven't a clue about what's going on - unless we
>tell them. And even when we tell them, forcing a bureaucrat to
>reverse course takes an act of Congress. A few who serve "at the
>will of the President" can be removed - provided said crony does not
>provide enough money to the incumbents
>re-election campaign, or to the financial markets, to make in
>inconvenient to tie a can to his tail. And provided the appointees
>actions do not represent the political philosophy of the President.
>
>All in all, the Founders - and Plato - gave us a wonderful system of
>government. And what we have now is the fruition of a 227 year long
>scheme to subvert that system. In large part by exporting the very
>foundation of our success and our economy - our jobs and our
>technology.
>
>73  Pete Allen  AC5E
>

>   In this election season where everything seems to be presented or
>>  interpreted as having partisan purpose we seem to find ourselves
>>  parsing every word.  An after-effect, I suppose, of the Clinton-Gore
>>  years when all of we non-lawyers learned about new word games like
>>  "It depends what your definition of is is." and "There is no
>>  controlling legal authority."  Sigh.
>>
>>  So that we might address our E-mails, letters, and phone calls to
>>  the correct individuals can you specify precisely whom it is in
>>  this administration you know with certainty to be "highly in favor
>>  of BPL", please?
>>

>>  Generalizations work against us in this campaign to inform the
>>  uninformed and to derail this RFI trainwreck, only specifics are of value.
>>
>>  IMHO, YMMV ...
>>
>>  --
>>  Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
>>  West Central Florida
>>  Op. Atlas, Drake, Hallicrafters, TenTec ...
>>  p.s. Linux-incompatible hardware is defective!

Steve Weber

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

*******************************

Hey spammers - Harvesting email addresses? Don't overlook these guys!

FCC Chairman Michael K. Powell: mpowell at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy: kabernat at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Michael J. Copps: mcopps at fcc.gov
FCC Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: kjmweb at fcc.gov