[TenTec] 450 OHM LADDER LINE FEED THROUGH FOR LOW POWER OPERATION.

Ynkedragon at aol.com Ynkedragon at aol.com
Thu Apr 15 06:39:14 EDT 2004

In a message dated 4/14/04 3:18:57 PM, larrylg1 at excite.com writes:

<< I planned to use a couple of feed through insulators through a thin sheet
of plywood in my window.  I live in a damp coastal climate with lots of flying
bugs and things. Should I cut  a slit, use some caulk and take my chances or
would the feed through insulators be practical on low power?>>

I used a similar setup at my last QTH for 14 years.  I did use HF feed
through insulators, first through plywood, then Plexiglas.  The feed-through
insulators allowed for an inside disconnection point.  I mostly ran 50 watts (Argosy)
although the setup was adequate, and occasionally  used at, higher power
levels.   I ran the twin lead directly to my tuner, a Johnson matchbox.

73,  Blair k3yd