[TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Sat Apr 17 01:37:49 EDT 2004

Sorry Stuart, that's not the answer to my question.  I asked about "Link
Coupling", not about symmetrical (or balanced).

Especially the MFJ is NOT a true balanced tuner... at least not in my books.
I believe it uses an unsymmetrical "T" and a balun.  That's not a balanced
tuner.  It's an unbalanced tuner with a balun.

The newest Palstar is a true balanced tuner, in that it is built fully
symmetrical, however it does not use "Link Coupling".  Instead it has two
roller inductors which are ganged together to tune symmetrically.  This is
cleary superior to the MFJ.  MFJ is just a cheap attempt.

The above is based on my knowledge of the two companies' products - which is
based upon what I was able to glean from their web pages.  If anybody thinks
or knows I'm wrong, I'll gladly be corrected because I'm hoping someone
finally brings out a decent "TRUE" symmetrical tuner again (like the old
Viking Matchbox or the Annecke).

73
Rick