[TenTec] 450 Ohm feedline tuners

NJ0IP Rick at dj0ip.de
Sat Apr 17 10:49:04 EDT 2004

Thanks Suart.  I suppose the double PI NET would be a good solution too.
What I'm not interested in is a double "T" and certainly no single "T"
because they do no harmonic filtering, in fact no filtering at all.  That's
the beauty of the Link Coupled tuner.  It's like a preselector in the front
end.  From reading the description of the MFJ's I've seen so far, they all
sounded like the "T" with just a balun.  Perhaps the manufacturers should
all be more honest in describing their equipment so that we can make
intelligent purchase decisions.

It's been a couple of months since I spent a lot of time studying MFJ's site
so I'll go have another look.  I thought someone here might have such an
animal and be able to tell us exactly what's inside.

I have the circuits for the Johnson and the Annecke.  The big problem (at
least over here) is finding components and even a cabinet.

I have lots of people asking me (all the time) what matchbox to buy for
feeding openwire and I honestly don't feel confortable recommending anything
on the market today except (maybe) the Palstar which has the ganged roller
inductors.  I'd like to use one myself or speak with someone who owns one
before I recommend it.

73
Rick