[TenTec] Pegasus DSP Project

Carl Moreschi n4py at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 16:28:14 EDT 2004

Mark,

Your 1.05 filter shape still won't be in the pegasus AGC loop.  This will
make the filter the same as can be found on any good add on audio DSP unit.
In order for the steep skirts to really help, the AGC loop has to go through
the filters.  Otherwise, AGC pumping on signals outside your external
passband will ruin the effect of the steep skirts.

Also, 2000 taps will cause a significant time delay and ruin any hope for
QSK.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC