[TenTec] microphone questions

Michael Goins mgoins at usa.net
Wed Apr 21 10:25:23 EDT 2004

Need to ask a couple of questions.

I am using a Scout mobile on cw and ssb, and on ssb, I am currently using the
stock mike. As I generally operate at 1 watt, I need all the audio punch I can
get, so I need to know what mike might provide that extra audio.

I have a Heil HMM hand mike wired for Yaesu I can rewire (if I can find the
Scout manual - just moved and don't know where it is). Has anyone used this
mike and is any other more effective? I'm not sure it has enough drive for the
Ten Tec.

Secondly, I am the proud owner of an new to me/old Argosy. Same sort of
question, except I will be rigging up a boom mike for it.

Op cw much of the time, but want the ssb options too. Been a Kenwood guy for a
long time, so Ten Tec needs are new to me. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.