[TenTec] microphone questions

Bob Stephens bstephens1 at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 21 20:19:47 EDT 2004

I have used an amplified D 104, Heil HMM, and the stock mic, mobile with my
Scout. The guys on the local net prefer the D 104, Heil and stock mic in
that order.  It's a little silly to use a D 104 mobile but I've heard
myself and I agree that the D 104 is the clearest and most intelligible.
The HMM is good too. The Scout drives the Heil ok but does require the gain
cranked up almost all the way.

73
Bob KB1CIW