[RE: [RE: [TenTec] RFI and Orion ]]

Michael Goins mgoins at usa.net
Thu Apr 22 17:26:35 EDT 2004

I have a real problem with the new house. I built a wall of amoires seperated
by a desk where I write (college prof/fiction writer). It also holds all the
gear on one of the shelves over my computer.

It is on a wall with no windows (only windows are on the opposite wall,
ceiling to floor), so I am looking at probably drilling a hole through the
wall and brick outside to install a pvc pass-through tube.

I have antenna problems with a very difficult neighbor (no radio problems,
yet), On top of that, I run 1 watt all the time, ssb, cw, and psk.

I'm a proponent of the centerfed 44 or 88 foot dipole, although I am looking
at another multiband vertical dipole (had good results there in the past).
Have some ideas I want to try, but biggest problem at the moment is getting
the feedline through the wall and RF potential floating around.

72,
mike
K5WMG
HQRP MosQRPitos, FISTS #10403, QRP-L #2130, QRP-ARCI #3922 (former managing
editor, QRP Quarterly), TDXS #69, SOC #54, Flying Pigs #447, ARS #810, Alaska
QRP #514, Iowa QRP #163, QCWA #30857, RSGB #19119, originally licensed as
WB5YJX -One watt, all the time - SSB, CW, PSK, fixed or mobile