[TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Mon Apr 26 09:22:09 EDT 2004

Paul --

   This is one of those areas where strong, and different, personal preferences exist.  All these various systems of sending code
exist because each has an audience.  You will find that one or two systems work reasonably well for you, but you may have to do some
experimenting to figure out the best approach.  If you have other hams nearby, it might be worth visiting their stations to try
their CW keys and keyers.  At larger hamfests you will find dealers and flea market sellers with keys and keyers that you can try as
well (although perhaps not long enough to form more than an initial impression.)

   And, to give another perspective, I'm an omni-keyer.  I send with a straight key, bug, single-paddle or dual-paddle key equally
poorly.  When I have the choice, I use a keyboard to send CW because I type much more accurately than I paddle.  John G3WGV and I
had some funny chats at Rodrigues about "paddlers" vs. "typers"!

   73 and have fun exploring!
-- Eric K3NA