[TenTec] Can Iambic be used as single Paddle

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Mon Apr 26 13:27:47 EDT 2004

John....If the Jupiter has a keyer (I'm sure it does)....it is iambic!
You can use an iambic (Jupiter) keyer just like an old non-iambic type (old
Hallicrafters).
The fun begins when you go iambic. It really is GREAT!!
For example...a leter 'C' would normally be the sequence right, left, right,
left.
For iambic, just hold the two paddles together...making sure you hit the
right one just before
the left one.  A letter 'C' will come out with no additional hand movement.
The word ' ARK' would normally be left-right, left-right-left,
right-left-right.
With iambic, it is just 3 squeezes of the paddles...starting and stopping on
a dit or a dah.

Some may feel required to argue that this only works with Curtis mode A or B
or something....not an issue....only one of these is commonly used, and that
results in what I described above.
....Dave

PS...sending too slow with a bug results in fast dits and slow dashes...not
at all very nice!!