[TenTec] banana boat swing

W9GE finger at goeaston.net
Mon Apr 26 16:26:15 EDT 2004

Ah yes.  The long gone days of the bug and swing fists.  In those days you
could recognize your friends by their fist before they signed their calls.
A good bug fist is rarely heard these days on the bands, and a true joy when
it is encountered.  Of course the really good ones sound just like keyers,
so maybe.....and my xyl does not miss the model 15 clanking away in the
basement either.  Big difference compared to the quiet clicking of a pc
keyboard.

An aside.  While teaching general classes the other night, a fairly recent
ham (general for 2-3 years anyway) was amazed when I showed a vacuum tube
and described the filament or heater.  He did not know you had to warm em up
to make em work.  He thought heat was just a by-product.  On the other hand
he probably knows more about psk than I ever will.

Thanks for the trips down memory lane.  Whoever started this cw thread gets
an attaboy, or attagirl as appropriate.  Anyone know of a good 160 meter AM
transmitter available for purchase?  73 bob de w9ge