[TenTec] ORION flight/travel cases

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Wed Apr 28 11:13:17 EDT 2004

   Yes, I would be interested in something along the lines of a Pelican case.  It should be very rugged -- able to handle airline
luggage abuse.  It should be watertight, as the Pelican case is.  This is important for DXpeditions, and there are lots of airports
where luggage can sit out in the rain.

   It's possible you could cut a deal with Pelican for a case of the appropriate size, and then create the internal form-fitting
material to hold the radio securely.  Cut-outs in the form-fitting material for cables (power, etc) would be nice if the size of the
case doesn't expand as a result.  It's too much to ask to stuff one's headphones and CW key in the same case -- the case will become
too large and even more ungainly.

   That means this will be a little more expensive ... but cheap insurance for a $3500+ investment.

-- Eric K3NA