[TenTec] RF problems in the shack using Argo V

Dave Perrin dbp at tds.net
Wed Apr 28 22:01:50 EDT 2004

Hi-
     I have a friend who had run an OMNI C for years into a variety of
folded dipoles in his attic with no problems. He uses either an LDG
tuner or a TT 100 Watt tuner.
    Recently he has upgraded to an Argonaut V and since  has had lots of
RF problems in the shack as well as not being able to tune the
antennas...depending sometimes on rain.
    We have checked the station ground and shortened it. All the
equipment goes to a single ground. We have  checked all the coax for
opens and Hi Resistance to ground.
    The coax cable interconnections are not "new" lengths of coax, but
have never seen the weather.
    I have never used an "artificial ground" device, is this a good
candidate?
    Any ideas?

73 de dave in NH