[TenTec] Re: Roofing filters

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 5 11:54:01 EDT 2004

N5TW wrote:
 >But I also plan to swap out the 2.4KHz filter with the
1.8KHz filter.

         Tom, I would be careful about that.  I considered the
same thing but Ten-Tec is routing CW signals through the
2400 Hz in transmit, and I recall they suggested caution
in putting anything narrower into the 2400 position.  Might
be worth contacting Ten-Tec, or consider what I suggested
earlier (simply setting your 1000 Hz aside) if you want to
keep the 1800 in place.

         Ten-Tec is doing some research into this whole filter
issue but I don't know exactly what they will come up with.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV