[TenTec] Orion - How about a new dicussion

N0KHQ at aol.com N0KHQ at aol.com
Fri Aug 6 08:06:14 EDT 2004

Been monitoring the "Orion Roofing Filter" discussion for the last couple of
days. I thought I might learn something. But, based on what I've read, I've
decided to ignore the whole roofing filter issue.

Instead of this discussion going on forever why dont one of you guys just put
together a summary, post it and lets move on. :-)

Personnally, I like the roofing filters in my Orion and I dont want anyone
mess'in with them.

If you want to try something with the Orion.....try this: (just for fun)

Instead of using VFO-A as the main VFO and VFO-B as the Sub-VFO reverse the
two.

Make VFO-B the master and VFO-A the slave.

Run the Orion for a couple of days this way and you'll discover some very
interesting things in operation. Split band reception, etc., etc.

I'm not going to tell you what I ran into.....it would take all the fun out
of it.

In my professional line of work, one of things I like doing is to purposely
make systems and software fail. The reason for this, is once the product gets
into the consumers hands and they notify us that the system is not working
properly or as expected, we will already have the answer and the fix. (most of the
time) Some things are just unpredictable.

Standing by for another 2 days of posts!

Have Fun

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/antennas.html
http://www.cebik.com/n0khq.html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/