[TenTec] Orion QSK

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Fri Aug 6 14:52:45 EDT 2004

Then I must be paranoid also because I can not sit with my back toward
anything but the wall, in public.

I have an advantage over you. I have been told (and more than one time too)
that the reason I can copy so fast is because I have only one brain cell in
my head, giving the me empty space so the CW characters have time to roll
around up there until I can get them deciphered.

Now that's my downfall. I can not send CW without a good clean sidetone.
That's why I always modified the Corsair 2 sidetone circuit, with either
your posted mod or by putting an audio filter in series with the sidetone
generation circuit in the Corsair 2. I think the higher in speed you go, the
harder you have to concentrate and you esentially block out all
distractions, except sending/receiving CW. I mean you are 'really'
concentrated. So it's pretty 'easy' to hear between words and/or sentenances
when your actually doing it. Heck, it's no different than talking face to
face  with  someone, wherein you certainly can hear them say something while
your talking!

(No word on the Plus yet)

Tom - W4BQF