[TenTec] another basic question...

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun Aug 8 22:36:20 EDT 2004

Hi Gary,

Exciting, isn't it? One thing you should not do with the Orion, is think
that you can master it in 30 days. Unless your a super whiz, its just not
going to happen. But then you have the advantage of having two brain cells
working verses my one brain cell partially working!

Yes, using stereo headphones and using both rcvrs does work, but for me it
took a while to get used to hearing the DX and the operators in the pile ups
who call him while he is transmitting! But after a while it works out pretty
well. Fortunately you have the option with the Orion of not hitting the A/B
button, but changing the receivers VFO from A to B, which is basically the
same thing you have been doing with your 850, or you can use both rcvrs at
the same time. Flexibility is the key with the Orion and the reason it is a
MUST to fully read the manual (which us hams just don't like to do!) to make
sure you understand all of the options available to you.

Good luck with it...and above all...have fun with it.

Tom - W4BQF