[TenTec] Argo V users??

Larry Greenberg N5BEA larrylg1 at excite.com
Mon Aug 9 21:29:42 EDT 2004

 I just have the little standard equiptment hand mike, but I am gettining good reports.  I adjusted it too hot at first. It is easy to adjust.  I did  just like the book says--- "red light on peaks".. If it sounds a little weak, then increase the gain ever so slightly... It is much easier than over driving and cutting back....  I wish that my transmitter scope had not gotten ripped off, but I am getting good reports so what the heck? Larry GreenbergN5BEA--- On Mon 08/09, Dave Edwards < kd2e at comcast.net > wrote:From: Dave Edwards [mailto: kd2e at comcast.net]To: tentec at contesting.comDate: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:38:10 -0400Subject: [TenTec] Argo V users??To anyone with an Argo V.....Have you gotten the transmit audio to sound ok?Before I bought mine, I saw a lot of negative input regarding the transmit quality on eham.Sure enough, when I got mine I received reports of FMing, or perhaps RF in the audio...all sorts of things. I've used a couple of different microphones that work f