[TenTec] dit chopper IC-7800

Bob Henderson bob at cytanet.com.cy
Tue Aug 10 18:22:40 EDT 2004

This is interesting.  As I said the Omni VI+ doesn't work well in QSK with
the 87A or the Acom whether loop connected or not and that's due to the way
TX Out on the VI+ is timed.  If the Orion really works properly in loop mode
with the Acom 1000 and the Alpha 89 then that suggests that the Orion timing
for TX Out is different to the VI+.

Could this be the reason Ten Tec amplifier owners using Orions are
complaining about the QSK not working well?  It sorta seems to me if the
Orion is correctly timed for QSK loop connect with the Acom and the Alpha
then it can't be for the Ten Tec amps which use the sequenced relays.

As I say....that's the way it seems to me.

Bob, 5B4AGN