[TenTec] dit chopper IC-7800

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Aug 11 06:12:16 EDT 2004

Hi Bob and thanks for the suggestion.

That certainly has been under analysis for some time. I first tested my
Titan 3 with an Omni 6 Plus, then a modified Corsair 2. For the past two
weeks, I have had my Titan 3 running with my Omni 6. In none of these cases
did I have any problem running full QSK, better yet, I had no problems at
all with  the Titan 3. The next test was running my Titan 425 with each of
the Orion's, and again, both Orion's exhibited the same problem as I have
with the Titan 3.

This, of course, is not a thorough technical test of the Titan 3, however I
take it to be a pretty good indication that the problem does not lie with
the Titan 3 nor the Titan 425. To  me, what makes it more conclusive that
the problem lies with the Orion, is that if I revert to firmware v1.369,
those problems do not exist.

Do you perhaps, have any suggestions of any additional test I could perform?
(But don't forget that Titan 3 is one HEAVY bugger to move around my desk by
myself!! hihi...)

Tom - W4BQF