[TenTec] ICOM PROII vs 6+ experiment

Marijan Miletic, S56A s56a at bit.si
Fri Aug 13 06:31:33 EDT 2004

N4LQ> the fact that those products were LOUDER on the PRO than they were on
the Omni tells me something. Question is: What did it tell me?

PRO has very fast AGC attack in order to prevent DSP ADC overflow.  It also
recovers more RX gain between dot pauses and therefore signal sounds louder.

In order to prevent this happening, I use slow AGC on FT-1000MP without DSP
detection and filtering in CW contesting.
I might lose some weak signals between the strong ones but the CW rate is
higher due to complete stronger callsigns acquisition.
The beauty of RTTY is that confusing random noise influence is greatly
reduced.  Others enjoy in QSK :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU