[TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 20, Issue 59

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Aug 14 22:35:34 EDT 2004

No Eric. There's really no need to talk to anyone about it. The Inrad
filters are almost always shielded, so it's no surprise. If I were to modify
the filter cover, I would simply cut off the portion of the cover that is
supposed to keep the Inrad filter in place.

It's really no big deal, as I said, the filters plug into the filter board
in the top section of the radio and certainly should have no reason to ever
be jiggled loose from their board. Most of the older Ten Tec gear, the
filters were installed in the bottom section of the rig, and a filter cover
was certainly needed in that case, to keep them in place.

How do you have the fortitude to sit there with that nice radio, and not
open the box?

Tom - W4BQF