[TenTec] The QSK of SSB

Mike Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 16 09:00:17 EDT 2004

> I think the vast majority of CW ops do NOT prefer QSK.
> But, perhaps the vast majority of those subscribed to a TenTec
list do.
> Also, I think very few hams use VOX.
> ..Dave

Dave, in SSB contesting VOX  and headsets is the preferred
method of operating. This keeps both hands free for keyboard use
when logging. Some probably do use foot switches for PTT keying.
But, I think the vast majority use VOX. When it comes to
ragchewing, PTT may be the preferred method. But I'm sure some
use Vox then also.

73, Mike K9MI