[TenTec] The QSK of QSK

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 17 08:26:23 EDT 2004

I wrote:
 >I suppose a
PIN-diode amp might be OK, but most current QSK amps (mine included) use
vacuum relays.  I simply don't like the idea of those relays using up
their finite number of lifetime cycles every time I send one dit.  Call
it typical engineering conservatism or whatever, but that's really the
primary reason I don't use QSK with an amplifier (meaning the "hear
between the dits" type...not the PTT/foot switch type).

K9YC wrote:
 >Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 9:56 AM
 >Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 (Titan I) Vacuum Relay
 > Mine is shot, and I need to find a replacement. I ordered one from Ten
Tec, but they're out of stock and expensive too.

W4BQF replied:
 >I also have a Titan 425 that I have run QRQ with for some 10 years. Had to
change that vacuum relay annually!

         Hmmmm...there's a lesson somewhere in there guys!

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV