[spam] [TenTec] The QSK of QSK

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Tue Aug 17 12:54:32 EDT 2004

> W4BQF replied:
>  >I also have a Titan 425 that I have run QRQ with for some 10 years. Had
> change that vacuum relay annually!
>
>          Hmmmm...there's a lesson somewhere in there guys!

And the lesson is????

Once I found a source of used mil-spec vacuum relays, the first  one I put
in is still in the 425, three years of every contest I could stick my  nose
into, plus almost daily use at 80 to 100 wpm, being driven by my Icom
IC-781. It's not the manufacturers fault that he has to consider economics
when selecting components, it's the whining ham who complain that they want
a mil-spec radio that cost less than a  thousand bucks.

Tom - W4BQF