[TenTec] ORION QRQ tests

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Thu Aug 19 17:26:42 EDT 2004

Yes, except the QSK Delay adjustment seems to work like "VOX Hang". At
100% setting, it holds Tx mode for maybe 0.5 second. That's what I'd
call semi-breakin. It would be interesting to check QRQ in that mode. I
don't expect much difference, since -- on my rig, at least -- QSK stops
working at about 20 wpm for dit-to-dit T/R switching. (Internal keyer)
T/R switching between words seems useful to above 40 wpm. That's good
enough for me, but it's not "pure" QSK.

73, Martin