[TenTec] ORION QRQ tests

Martin Ewing martin at aa6e.net
Thu Aug 19 18:49:59 EDT 2004

I'm not sure. You may have noticed: the Orion is a black box! :-) That's
one reason this reflector is so busy. There was precious little mystery
about my previous rig, the TS-520S. The schematic said it all.

I am not sure what your distinction is. The manual says that QSK Delay
"slows the QSK action" whatever that means. For me, it behaves like
semi-breakin. The T/R is in the "T" mode longer, but of course with key
up it's not transmitting. Maybe it would be quicker to respond to the
next key down when it's still in "T" mode.

On the other hand, you might be right about just blanking Rx audio. The
reed relay (or whatever gadget makes the noise) goes plink-plink-plink
for each dit I send, even at 60 wpm and 100% delay. Maybe that's really
the mark of "T" mode? The antenna switch? Choose your own semantics.

73, Martin