[TenTec] re Ten Tec amps and ALC

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Thu Aug 19 19:38:04 EDT 2004

BTW, the amps made by specialty companies (Command for example) include
ALC circuits, no doubt so they may be operated with the widest variety
of rigs possible.

Can anyone quote a manual from an amplifier that states what the ALC
voltage and polarity is? How many volts and what sign are supposed to
reduce the exciter gain by how many dB? Or some other specification to
explain whether the amplifier's ALC output will work with a given
exciter's ALC input. Do any of the amplifiers have selectable jumpers or
DIP switches, or potentiometer adjustments to set them up to work with
various exciters. Do they have a chart where we can look up our exciter
and set the ALC up to work with it? Or is there a standard that is never
stated, so that we can  just assume that it will work right?

DE N6KB