[TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Sat Aug 21 14:12:00 EDT 2004

>Note: All the above is with firmware ver. 1.03. I have no idea what 1.02
>does but apparently it does key faster.

For a point of reference, I can clearly hear band noise between dits at
35WPM with V1.02.  I would consider about 40 WPM on this rig to be the upper
useful limit if one must hear between keyed elements.   Not as good as
keying TX EN, but not too bad either.

Incidentally, I just tried QSK with my Triton IV (540), and turn-around time
is nearly the same as my Omni Six.  Actually, the Six (with mods) is
smoother and less clickey in the headphones than the Triton.

-Paul, W9AC