[TenTec] Omni VI+ firmware rev.

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Sun Aug 22 08:30:17 EDT 2004

Bob Henderson wrote:

>The plug 52 problem arose because a segment of established Omni users
>expressed a strong preference for sidetone volume to be independent of RX AF
>gain setting.  Ten Tec responded to user pressure by introducing an analogue
>switch (U7b) into the VI+ IF/AF board which achieved this end.
>Unfortunately, at the same time it made the sidetone horribly clicky.

I don't recall the sidetone itself being clicky but I did notice that
when the S-meter was reading a signal level of S3 or higher there was a
higher propsensity for a click on the 2nd or 3rd dit (or dah) when
returning from sending a letter - it sounds similar to the AGC going
from 0 to meet whatever level necessary, and it would not act fast
enough.  However, with #52 pulled (I actually just slid the plug over to
seat onto the connector with no wire attached to it) the performance is
great!

73 Jason N1SU