[TenTec] grounding dipoles

Jason Buchanan jsb at digistar.com
Sun Aug 22 15:51:19 EDT 2004

I have 3 dipoles on a single push-up pole about 4 or 5 feet apart on the
pole - I use a 4-way antenna switch to switch from one antenna to the
other.  I'm curious if I should disconnect the dipoles i'm not using to
avoid creating weird nulls or other problems or if it is okay to leave
them connected to the switch all the time - the main reason I ask is the
antenna switch I have connects the center and shield to ground when they
are not selected on the switch, in essence creating ground radials
fairly close to the active dipole.

I'm wondering if I should actually be disconnecting these other dipoles
completely so they are not tied to anything (just dangling loose,
disconnected completely) when using the other dipole(s).

Thanks!