[TenTec] grounding dipoles

Able2fly at aol.com Able2fly at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 16:10:27 EDT 2004

Why use a switch at all? Tie all three antennas together at the coax. Run
them parallel. The RF knows where to go. I am using 40, 30 and 20m parallel
dipoles with a common coax feed.

Bill

I'm  curious if I should disconnect the dipoles i'm not using to
avoid creating  weird nulls or other problems or if it is okay to leave
them connected to  the switch all the time - the main reason I ask is the
antenna switch I  have connects the center and shield to ground when they
are not selected  on the switch, in essence creating ground radials
fairly close to the  active dipole.