[TenTec] One happy Paragon user

Frans Lowiessen lowiess at planet.nl
Sat Aug 28 12:02:33 EDT 2004

Vic Klein wrote:

>Congratulations on the Paragon, Frans. I am very happy with my 585 with the
>6.0 Giehl chip.

So this is obvious a have a firmware problem is use a version 3.0
instead of your version 6.0

> Regarding the battery problem, there was a mod incorporated
>in later models to provide for a NiCd battery to retain the memories.

If this mod is an extra resistor this mod is incorporated in my TRX is
this is an other mod
i might give a call(email) to TENTEC or any body else who might read
this can give me a hint

>Mine
>has that feature and I replaced the battery when I bought my Paragon (the
>old one was dead). Now it can be left unplugged for over a week and does not
>lose memory.

I think it is a good idea to do so otherwise you might blow the alkaline
Battery

>There is a warning sticker about not using regular alkaline
>batteries indicating that the radio has that mod, so you might check for
>that.
>
>I have heard others report that the PBT being set between 11 and 1 depending
>on the sideband selected is normal. If yours is consistently off one way or
>the other, remounting the knob might be a solution.

It is indeed between 11 and 1 so probably I do not need to do anything

And Thanks for your comment Vic

Cheers Frans PE0F