[TenTec] Heil PRO-SET with Orion

Steve N4LQ n4lq at iglou.com
Wed Dec 1 19:07:29 EST 2004

Bill
I have the same head set only it's the QuietPhone version/IC. Same problem.
I haven't pursued it too much but on Heil's web site there are some
schematics showing how to wire up the adapter for TenTec gear by adding a
capacitor and a resistor in the adapter's plug. I did this and got the
phones working on VOX but the PTT button actually cut off the mic when
depressed...Just the opposite of what you would want! Perhaps Heil can offer
some help. If you call them, please post your findings. 73
Steve N4LQ