[TenTec] PAINT AND TECHNICAL ISSUE

B.Lee Cornwell k2blc at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 06:06:22 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Bull" <ke3nk at erols.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:27 PM
Subject: [TenTec] PAINT AND TECHNICAL ISSUE

> Well, so far, it appears that the is(was) no consensus on the color of the
> Dot in the Ten Tec Emblem.  I thought it might have something to do with
> "mod" status on a particular unit.  Guess not.
> Re: the case paint--I can't believe no one has every had to repaint a 961
> power supply/Omni V/Paragon/238 Tuner case.  On well...
>
> There's always Krylon Dove Gray or the Collins S-Line Trim Ring paint!!!

Hello Jim - I recently re-sprayed and Omni V and it looks great. I took the
top cover to work and did a computer match using a Benjamin Moore Impervo
Alkyd Low Lustre Enamel. I just did an over-spray of the covers after a VERY
light sanding with 400 wet or dry paper. I used the Preval spray
gun....great product.
http://www.prevalspraygun.com/home.htm

The problem is I have enough paint to do 20 covers....as I had to mix a
quart. If anyone needs paint, just send me a small container and I'll send
you some. A "baby food size" jar will easily do a bunch of covers with
several coats.

73
Lee K2BLC