[TenTec] Orion 1.372 (33 changes)

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Fri Dec 3 09:19:15 EST 2004

A word about the latest 1.372 firmware update for my Orion...

These things are now working 100% and I'm very glad of it ! :-)

- Added delays and encoder clears to AF push buttons to improve MUTE
  control.
- Fixed S-Meter routine to correctly show signals grater than +35 dBm.
- Rework of the Voice Playback System.
- Fixed serial control of Sub-Receiver PBT setting.
- RXMENU changes to stop interference between items being updated.
- Enhanced RF GAIN control knob operation.

The Voice Playback system was sometimes confused when the SEND1 button was
pressed. Now it seems that the DVR is working each time ! Nice.

The RF GAIN encoder was not doing anything on my radio (even at 0, the
signal was still the same), now it's working, and finally you can hear the
changes when the encoder is turned.

Great job from Tentec and a real opportunity for us to have a better radio
for nothing ! ;-)

For me, I can see only one last thing to cure in the next update (and it is
not very important at all - we can live without it !), the sweep display
freezing when a DSP function is engaged on the SUB receiver !

Anyway, I'm happy with this new release and the master reset was not
mandatory so I did not loose any parameters at all ! :-)

All the best, Eric de ON6CV.