[TenTec] FIXED: Problem uploading update

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sat Dec 4 08:42:08 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 02:41, Eric Rosenberg wrote:
> Switched to COM1 and it worked.
>
> COM2 didn't.  Hmm...

Is COM2 a physical serial port on the mother board or on a USB / serial
adapter or on a plug-in add-on board?  I have had varying success with
USB serial adapters. I had terrible results using a PCI slot 4 serial
port card - even the vendor admited that it wouldn't work the way I
needed and I was able to return it.

Some programs work with one brand of adapter and don't with other
brands. Other programs work with different brands, so it wouldn't
surprise me if your other programs worked, but the TT update program
didn't.  At least you found a solution.

Mark

P.S. I wish amateur radio equipment manufacturers would move away from
the RS-232 interfaces and to something more modern such as USB or
Ethernet.