[TenTec] Orion display questions

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 08:57:56 EST 2004

Hello all, I'm still doing my research on my next rig purchase and have
another question for Orion users. Lately, I'm hearing about display problems /
failures of the IC pro II series. Is the monochrome display in the Orion less
prone to display failures & burn in effect than the color displays on the Icom's?

 I also see the new Pro III is including a screen saver feature for the
display, and my friend who is a computer technician said this is just a marketing
gimmick, as LCD displays don't really need a screen saver, and screen savers
were only needed on the old CRT displays.
Is this correct?

The more I hear, the more Orion moves into my first choice spot, even though
I really would prefer a color display. As always, your replies are appreciated.

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq at aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"