[TenTec] Re: New Orion Update

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sun Dec 5 17:30:28 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 17:10, Tom Whiteside wrote:

> We did find one problem - not sure if it is related to the update since I
> have not used Writelog with the packet cluster before with the Orion.
> Clicking on spots would cause us to lose audio from the main receiver - a
> power cycle on the Orion and it would be back.    I did do a Master Reset
> after the upload.   Anyone else experiencing this with the Orion?

I don't know if this is the same thing, but yesterday, after performing
the update, I was changing the receive bandwidth and the audio went
completely away at one step. I think that that step might have been
where the roofing filter (my Orion has all the optional filters - and
the TT versions of them). It seemed like the Orion switched out one
roofing filter and failed to switch in its replacement. I moved the BW
control back to the previous step and the audio came back. Then I moved
the BW forward to the step that had caused the failure and everything
seemed okay. I went back and forth over those steps a few more times and
couldn't reproduce the problem.

Mark