[TenTec] Losing memories in Paragon

Jim Bull ke3nk at erols.com
Mon Dec 6 10:30:35 EST 2004

Vic,
I have two Paragons, one with the V.6 and one with the V.3 Gielh chips.
Both have the Voice board (#257).  Recently, I experienced the same
symptoms as you are having, i.e., a drained Ni-Cad battery, in less than
12 hours.  I did some changeouts and found that one of my Voice Boards,
no matter which radio it was in, was causing the problem.  All the
"Voice" functions continued to work fine, just a drained battery,
overnight.  I pulled the suspect board and the radio now retains
memories and the trickle charge is functioning fine.  I have shipped the
Voice Board to TT and hopefully, they will find the problem.

Jim/Ke3nK