[TenTec] RS232 Serial Interface for Paragon 585 problems

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Tue Dec 7 14:06:40 EST 2004

I recently obtained a model 258 RS-232 interface for my 585 Paragon with a
v6.0 Giehl chip. I have not been able to get anything going either to or
from the board using either HyperLog (has settings for the Paragon), the
original Ten Tec BASIC program, nor even monitoring the serial port using
HyperTerminal. This appears to be a very simple circuit, with one LSI chip
and another standard IC, along with a few caps and an xtal. A single 5-wire
jumper connects to the rear connector board, and this was installed
according to the manual I obtained from the Unofficial Ten Tec website. Does
anyone have a schematic or some suggestions for troubleshooting this board?
Thanks.

=Vic=
WA4THR