[TenTec] Orion

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Dec 9 17:46:05 EST 2004

Hmmmm....this is a strange sounding post to the reflector....just
seems to me like I've heard this very same thread back in the spring
or maybe even before that.

Eric, you are correct, unfortunately. As previously noted by some
'do gooder', I have been often chastised by the Ten Tec loyalist for
having the audacity to complain about the Orion in the same manner
that you are now doing. But I hope you don't let the 'do gooder's'
bother you. What you are saying and observing with your Orion is the
absolute truth.

With the Orion, you have one of the best hardware designs available
to us hams, but you also have the absolute worst firmware support
possible. There is no excuse for having to wait two or three or four
months for a firmware update which contains even more bugs. But you
got it!

Tom - W4BQF