[TenTec] Triton 4 Question

Pete Juliano jessystems at cablespeed.com
Fri Dec 10 11:55:52 EST 2004

Hi Ten Tec Users,

Just so every once in a while there can be subjects covered other than whether the Orion can hear a mouse belch on the moon, I have a question regarding the Triton IV Model 544.

I recently acquired a VFO out of a Triton IV and am thinking about making my own remote VFO for my Triton IV (model 544). My intention is to add a "huff and puff" stabilizer circuit with digital display to the remote VFO and of course to work the problem of grounding the PTO shaft to prevent frequency shift on the VFO. For those not familiar with huff and puff stabilizers you can see reference material at  http://homepage.tinet.ie/~ei9gq/stab.html

So the question is --Has any one out there who still is using an analog radio tackled anything like this and problems that you might have encountered.

Thanks in advance.

Pete W6JFR