[TenTec] Orion

Eric SENSI eric.sensi at skynet.be
Fri Dec 10 16:34:51 EST 2004

Dear Rik,

I'm using :

TT Orion w/o ATU
TT 706 desk mike
SGC MAC-200 smart tuner
ALINCO DM-330MVE switching mode PSU
AIRCELL 7 coax cables
G5RV half
Vertical R7
SAGANT MT-240X double dipole.

I choose the 706 desk mike over any other solution just because I thought it
was plug-and-talk !

I found stupid (excuse the word !) that I have to tweak two devices that
were made to work together ! ;-)

I received an excellent suggestion from someone off the reflector... Why not
moving the shack if you can't move the antennas he said ?

I think it is a great solution and next week I'll put the Orion on a table
in the garage in a field day configuration (2 levels below) to see if the
problems are still there. I'll keep you informed of my future investigations
for sure. If it works, then I have to invests in some construction an
isolation material, I'm not affraid to do the job, I'll do anything for ham
radio.

Thanks for kind help... keep on rockin'

Eric.