[TenTec] Orion Mic Woe's

Robert Carroll rlcarroll at patmedia.net
Sat Dec 11 14:44:06 EST 2004

Hi-
In most cases the factory microphone works fine.  I use the 706 and Orion at
legal limit with no problem.  They are very clear in the Orion manual that
the mike is wired properly for the Orion.  Other wiring many introduce hum.
RFI is a different issue and probably means the shack is rf hot.
Bob W2WG