[TenTec] The RF Devil is Dead !!!

NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Dec 12 08:23:20 EST 2004

Thanks to all of you who worked with me to cure the problem.

After replacing the entire cable of my Shure 444 with three discrete
shielded cables, my TX audio has gone from chicken shit to chicken salad!

I'm now getting outstanding audio reports instead of criticism for the
whistling-like noises.

Yes, the RF Devil is indeed DEAD!

I've used this Shure 444 for over 30 years without problems.

With ORION, Ten-Tec changed the type of audio input.

I wonder what benefits it brings, because the disadvantage is apparent.

I now have a big ugly cable on my 444, but at least it works great.

I have no idea where to find a spiral cable with all of the wires shielded.

I have ordered some Audio Cable from Heil.

73

Rick

DJ0IP