[TenTec] RE: Windows Logging Software?

Kip Williams N6NVP n6nvp at cox.net
Sun Dec 12 12:40:17 EST 2004

I wanted to echo the earlier recommendation for N3FJP's Amateur Contact Log.
I tested about 7 different software packages before finding ACL. This is the
one I choose and here are some of the reasons:

1) It has the most intuitive interface I've ever dealt with. (Assuming you
are running Windows and are comfortable with it.) The learning curve was
about 2 minutes before I had it up and was comfortable with it.

2) It's simple to personalize and very modular. I've put together log
formats for 3 or 4 different uses and it worked for all of them.

3.) Easy to integrate and move records between different programs. Simple to
import and export files. Simple to add the other formats I've created into a
single, main log file capturing all my contacts.

4.) Support is rapid - almost instant. Scott and Kimberly are constantly
developing, improving and troubleshooting their wares, as well as monitoring
input from their users for suggestions, improvements or modifications. (I
upgraded from their ACL logging program to their  full software package
(over 22 applications) this Saturday at about 5:00 PM and received the
registration and password information, along with a personal note, by 6:00
PM. WOW!)

5.) Cost: $19 for the ACL logging program, $49 for the complete package on
CD or $39 if you'd rather download. I've got to say I haven't spent 40 bucks
and gotten this much value in a long time. (And I am cheap, cheap, cheap.)

I hope you'll take a look at it. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.
http://www.n3fjp.com/

I have no connection with the software or its support (except for being an
enthusiastic user). Let's face it, I'm too lazy to keep up with these guys!

73

Kip N6NVP