[TenTec] Corsair FS

telegrapher at att.net telegrapher at att.net
Sun Dec 12 21:16:17 EST 2004

Several weeks back i asked about a value for a Corsair model 560.  Lots of responses and i thank all of you for taking time to do so and giving some hints as well.

here's what i've got.  A TenTec Model 560 Corsair which appears to have the filters.  I've not opened up the radio but moving the Xtal switch on the front panel gives different audio responses.  Also included in the package is the power supply-speaker combination along with the microphone and stand.  The main tuning dial moves smoothly, not with a flywheel free wheeling effect but smooth to the touch.  Only problem i see right off is that when turning the notch control creates a lot of noise so the pot probably needs a cleaning.  I believe there is the original manual as well as sales etc receipts that will accompany it when sold.  Have i missed something in the description?  It's a really clean radio.

This is not my radio, i'm only selling it for a lady as part of her husbands estate.  Judging from guestimates i've been given as to value i'm thinking that is probably is worth around $450 plus shipping so thats what i'll ask for it.

It's currently in Gilbert, AZ. zip 85233.

Larry
W0OGH